Wednesday, September 30, 2009

CONTEST WINNERS!


With over 30 FABULOUS entries, I didn't know how to pick the best one... I loved them all! SO, I turned to good friend and colleague Meera Raja to judge the entries anonymously, to pick the BEST, most creative and most summer-y response. She took the task very clearly: She didn't look at the blog at all for its 2-week duration, and then on Judgement Day, she took the sheet of anonymous entries into the other room so I couldn't influence her one way or another, and came back with such a PERFECT and well-thought out Top 3 choices that I just couldn't be happier. Thank you Meera, and thank you to everyone who supported ANAPHOTO by entering! [winners, email me!]

HUGS!!!!



Without Further Ado...

WINNING ENTRY: "I love watching summer thundershowers on my parents' screened in porch. The smell, the sound, and the cool air are always a great treat after sweltering temps. And when that one lightning bolt hits a little too close and sends everyone running into the house, it is a great laugh. Ah summer." -Katie Cameron

Second Place: "Another favorite summer pastime is enjoying steamers & great ale overlooking the ocean, watching sun rays bounce off boats..." -Deborah

Third Place: "My favorite summer past-time is picking fresh blackberries or raspberries, bringing them home warm from the sun, and making a cobbler." -Janis O'Driscoll

Winner gets three 8x10s, 2nd and 3rd place get one 8x10 print!

HERE'S LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT SUMMER!

1 comment:

Yaya said...

Awww! I just saw that I won! I'm sooo excited!